Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Another Math Test...

Another Math test, and another straight A result!  Consequently, we will have a Math party on Thursday January 26.


I have been thinking a lot about this program.  The way that the concepts are taught, makes it easier to learn.  Students are also getting enough practice to become experts in the skills.  The tests are not asking kids to do things that they haven't already practiced.  With all those things together the kids are finding Math "easy".  But, are they learning?  I think they are.  I think that they are learning in ways that will stick in their brains.  I also think that they are understanding most of what they are doing.  I am looking forward to the Spring when we will take another standardized test.  That will give us an excellent picture of how we're doing. I'm confident that we'll ace that test too.


For some research into Jump Math, you can click here.
For an article on Jump Math from the Vancouver Sun, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment