Language
This week we are finishing our space stories. I'm enjoying them so far. It will be great when we read them to each other.
The grade 3 spelling words are: vacation, station, untie, fine, slice, third, skirt, alive, circus, supply, rely, party, worry, multiply, circle. As you can tell we are focussing in on the i and y sounds. We are going to be practicing by doing word sorts.
The grade 4 Nifty Thrifty Fifty words are deodorize, different, employment, international, invasion, prehistoric, and signature. I will also test the students ability to generalize the patterns by asking them to spell words like absentee on Friday. It will be tough, but they can do it!
The homework for the week will be to listen/read/quiz 2 books on Raz-Kids. The top 2 students last week were Ronnie and Gabriel. Way to go! There is also a spelling assignment due on Friday.
Math
Both grades will be playing with money this week! We should be ready for a test early next week.
CLC
We have been studying the life of Jacob this past Month. There is a test on Wednesday. I have given them a practice test that they can use to study from.
PBL
We are learning about what life is like in space as an astronaut. See if you can find some food that an astronaut could take into space. The groups should be finishing gathering information about training, life on the shuttle, problems that might happen, and what life would be like on their planet by Tuesday. Then students will work to write a chapter of a book.
On Friday I did a little demonstration that I should have videotaped, but I didn't. Ask your child about it.
Guitar and Singing
I don't know if the class is really interested in singing at school. I have put a survey on the side for them to vote whether they are interested or not.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment